The purpose of this document is to highlight the process and results of a real-world implementation of a mobile based social payment application done by team Appsbee. The document also provides a virtual guidance on how solutions were provided to every individual requirements, making Share n Pay a global product.
SharenPay, Inc. is a Utah, U.S.A based startup, envisioned to make financial transactions inherently a social engagement and easier than ever. The goal was to build a safe and easy mobile platform that would enable payment and collection of money within peers. The intended outcome was to allow users to communicate with anyone in the network, as well as check the details of the concerned transactions.
The primary requirement of SharenPay was to build a mobile platform ecosystem using social network that uniquely modernizes the way financial transactions take place, and information are shared, whilst combining a positive and enjoyable user experience. The performance requirement was to build an end-to-end mobility solution that would provide a wide range of functionality such as Pay, Collect, Share, and Instant Messaging. The design requirement was to make a unified communication application that would be fast, secure, easy to use, and easily accessible; that would allow stakeholders to be part of seamless financial transactions, in a very social experience.
Significant features developed by Appsbee:
- Robust and secured could based admin panel based on node application that supports both android and iOS apps. This application eventually connects different bank API to send/receive money in real time.
- User profile setup and join the app – Any user from the state of Utah(for the moment its not nationwide), can join the app and can setup their profile themselves.
- Global search - The ‘Global Search’ feature is designed in a manner that it enables a user to search a friend from anywhere within the ecosystem.
- Pay - After detailed R&D, Appsbee team developed the ‘Pay’ functionality in a very simplified manner that enables an user to pay money using personalized 4 digit numbers. The feature is smartly designed by the team enabling a user to collect the money, if paid to a wrong addressee.
- Collect- This functionality enables a user to receive funds from anyone within the shared network. To avoid any sort of unscrupulous act, the functionality is designed in a manner that it notifies both the parties for every ‘collect’ request made. The recipient can then either approve or decline the request.
- Split- This feature is developed to encourage and enable group engagement within the network. The tool enables members in a group to split bills or collect funds for personalized activities. Development of such custom feature required constant up gradation and real time feeds which the Appsbee team met with very meticulously.
The greatest challenge as well as opportunity for Appsbee was to build a social platform that:
- Proved to be easy for users
- Would maintains high level of security for each of the transactions and interactions
- Connects bank’s existing payment API
- Would be scalable for company’s rapid growth
- Allowed consistency in service worldwide
The visionary platform required integration of multiple mobile technologies. The application requirement changed constantly, for which Appsbee team had to stretch the extra mile to meet the time-to-market needs of the customer.
The project started with a prototype design of the entire system, which eventually evolved to a larger application. Real inputs of users/ stakeholders were constantly fed into the system design, to ensure that the final product design fits the market. The use of different technologies, fragmented procedures, multiple online registrations, brought in an increased level of complexity for the Appsbee team.
Solutions provided/ How Appsbee delivered
Most of the critical modules of SharenPay project were developed Appsbee; and the highly experienced pool of Appsbee technicians with the leverage of modern technologies, successfully attended the requirements, making SharenPay a successful product in the global market. The Appsbee team from the very beginning worked in coordination with the SNP in-house team, to make the system scalable, from database to functional level.
Appsbee team has showed their best hands in technical expertise to make the project a success. Appsbee R&D team got involved and worked parallel with the development team in introducing the latest technology and made it successful. Since it was agile development process, and the client being a constant part of every cycle, technical challenges never became a hindrance. The product has been developed for both iOS and Android platform. The team has adopted Node js and Zend Framework for building the web service or API of the product. The Admin section was developed using Zend Framework Version 1.0. The team had to cope with the highly dynamic requirements, and put their best foot forward for rapid implementation. Further, the development team also eliminated the time zone barrier to a large extent by making themselves available, ensuring 70% overlap with SharenPay team’s time zone.
In a recent Time Magazine article, Hootsuite CEO Ryan Holmes chose social payments as one of the top social media trends to watch for in 2015. In this ever evolving landscape of payments, banks can’t afford to rest on their traditional methods...more
The evolution of the Enterprise Mobility market is currently the fastest which the IT industry has ever witnessed. The sheer pace makes it challenging to keep up with the key players, products and alliances that will impact...more
Mobile technology has become such an integral part of our lives that it now drives interactions with our business systems. Top businesses today recognize the value of enabling their employees to work anytime, anywhere through its use...more
1. Connect the iPhone with iTunes.
2. Select iPhone from top left panel.
3. Go the Summery tab...more
Digital mobility and connectivity is important. We know the essence of the same and in some way or the other we have enjoyed its benefits as a consumer and as a marketer or business...more
Usually, when a new version of a popular brand enters the market there is always some excitement among its users with a pinch of concern. Concern or discomfort, whatever way we put it is actually...more
Developing an enterprise IOS application is demanding. But, we must acknowledge that it is equally challenging to publish an enterprise IOS application. Actually, there is a big difference between a typical apple developer...more
There was a time, when getting treatment for even the most common diseases was an uphill task. Whereas today, thanks to technology even the most fatal of health issues can be addressed conveniently...more
It’s a common phenomena and perhaps human nature to take sides, when we debate among ourselves regarding certain topic and hence get involved in endless arguments! Similarly, the subject...more